The Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University has openings for several PhD students, research assistants or postdocs in the field of Information Security. The detailed requirements are as follows:
1. Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Engineering in well-known universities. Preferences are given to applicants with research experience in network security, cryptography, and/or data privacy.
2. Strong programming skills in common languages such as Java, C++, and C#. Preferences are given to applicants with experience in crypto libraries.
3. Strong communication/reading/writing skills in English. Preferences are given to applicants who score 90+ in TOEFL (iBT) or 6.5+ in IELTS.
Remuneration is competitive and depends on individual applicant’s qualification. For research assistants or postdocs, the initial contract is 1-2 years and renewable subject to mutual agreement and funding availability. For PhD students, those who are awarded Hong Kong PhD Fellowships (HKPFS) can receive 20k HKD monthly and other matching benefits by the university/department.
Those interested please send your CV, publication, and/or transcripts to Dr. Haibo Hu at [email protected]
1. Dr. Haibo Hu’s website： www.haibohu.org or www.eie.polyu.edu.hk/~haibohu
2. Information about HKPFS application with Hong Kong Polytechnic University: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ro/hkphd-fellowship/en/